Di situs ini kita melihat bagaimana digital media dimanfaatkan sebagai media pembelajaran. User generated content, second life, social networking, semuanya dimanfaatkan untuk memperkaya wacana dan proses belajar.
Supported by the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, Global Kids Digital Media Youth Initiative (DMI) was launched in January of 2006. The DMI is a series of interrelated programs designed to support teenagers to think critically about the role of digital media in their lives and document their experiences in various media. These voices will gather youth voices about the role of digital media in the lives of today’s young people in order to inform the newly announced MacArthur Series on Digital Media and Learning.
The DMI include:
- A Digital Media Youth Advisory, composed of Global Kids Youth Leaders
- A Digital Media Essay Contest, run between Jan - Mar, 2006
- An online youth dialogue about the role of digital media in their lives (fall, 2006)
- A digital media component within Newz Crew, our online youth-led dialogue about current events developed in conjunction with NewsHour Extra.
- Global Kids Island within Teen Second Life, a youth only virtual world
- A series of podcasts documenting the DMI, in both audio and video
- This blog, to collect material both about and from the DMI in a convenient RSS feed